- Consumer Info
MLTA has opened registration for the 2018 MLTA Convention. This year’s event will be held at Mission Point Resort, Mackinac Island on July 15-17. We are excited about our lineup of speakers and events. Here are a few highlights:
• Anirban Basu is Chairman & CEO of Sage Policy Group, Inc., an economic and policy consulting firm headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. Mr. Basu will present “Brown Sugar: Deriving Satisfaction through Data Analysis”
• Dr. Larry Ivens, will bring us up to date information on Blockchain and Bit Coin
• Tim Skubik – an all-time favorite of the MLTA, will bring us “The Run-up to the November Election: Who’s on First?”
• ALTA A&A Chair, William Burding, Jr., NTP, will be discussing national issues that affect our industry.
• MLTA’s PAC will host a Scavenger Hunt – on bikes!! It is sure to be a great event as a participant or bystander (I’m sure this will be talked about for years to come). Tim and his team are looking for 4-5 teams to participate.
We will begin our stay on the Island Sunday, July 15th, with our welcome reception and dinner at 5:30 PM. On Monday, we will enjoy hearing from a wide range of speakers. Our annual banquet will be held Monday evening with the convention closing Tuesday morning following our political updates. Back by popular demand, the MLTA Room Crawl will be held Monday evening following the banquet – this is a “Don’t Miss” event! For more information please go to www.milta.org/events.
We hope that you will consider joining us on the island!
MLTA PAC FUNDRAISERS FOR THE 2018 CONVENTION
Once again, the MLTA-PAC Committee will be keeping the “FUN” in fundraising at the Annual Convention on Mackinac Island. This is a very important election year for the Michigan Legislature as there are 38 Senate seats and 110 House seats that will be on the ballot in addition to the race for Governor. The money raised by the MLTA-PAC is used to support candidates who have a good understanding of the title insurance industry and who are supportive of our legislative initiatives. That being said, your support of the MLTA-PAC is more important now than it has ever been. So how can you support the MLTA-PAC? There will be a couple of options at the Annual Convention.
Annual Silent Auction – we are seeking items for the auction, so one way to support the MLTA-PAC would be to donate an item for the auction. The MLTA-PAC Committee will be making a list of items available before the convention. You will have an option to bid on an item even if you are not in attendance at the Convention.
Scavenger Hunt on Mackinac Island – We will have teams competing in a bicycle scavenger hunt around the Island on Monday afternoon. Each team will be seeking donations to the MLTA-PAC leading up to the Convention. The team that raises the most funds will receive a time advantage Supporting your favorite team in the Scavenger Hunt through a donation to the MLTA-PAC would be an excellent way to help them out and support the legislative initiatives of the MLTA. CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM(S) – IT’S QUICK AND EASY!