TitleBytes News & Happenings
Nov 16, 2020
The MLTA’s commitment to supporting our members’ efforts to provide the public with the highest quality land title evidencing, title assurance, and settlement services has never been more needed and evident than in the past few months. Our Board and Legislative Steering Committee leaders continue to work closely with our lobbyist and state legislative representatives to meet our members’ immediate legislative needs, while other committee representatives work to support the association’s vision to:
- Be a leading voice in the real estate industry and an effective advocate in the legislative, political, and legal
- Educate the general public on the importance of member
- Become the preferred provider of continuing education in the industry.
Current examples of these efforts include:
- Enhanced Cross-Industry Communication
- The MLTA Executive Board is working with MARD and other MI real estate- related associations to plan the inaugural Michigan Real Estate Forum in January 2021. This annual forum aims to enhance the understanding and communication amongst our cross-industry association professionals. January’s forum is virtual; however, we plan to co-host annual, in-person events beginning in December 2021.
- Title Insurance High School Vocation & College Certificate Programs
- Tony Viviani and Kristen Dankert are leading a team of volunteers in executing our initial goals for this multi-term project. They are currently researching options for developing title insurance high school vocation and college certificate programs. These programs’ goal is to inform, educate, and increase interest in pursuing a career in the title insurance
- MLTA – Association Leadership/Mentorship Program
- The Board of Directors is considering a proposal for implementing a quarterly association leadership mentorship program, during which candidates would learn more about the association, its value, and inner workings. Program candidates will also have the opportunity to hone their leadership, communication, and presentation skills while participating in this one-year program. The goal of this program is to help our members and our association by enticing and preparing candidates for future leadership roles within their respective organizations and our association.
In addition, the Education Committee is at work planning our inaugural MLTA Winter Education Series [January 2021-March 2021], 2021 Spring Summit, and 2021 Title Boot Camp.
If you would like to work with your industry peers on any one of these initiatives, please email Marcy Lay at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!