- Consumer Info
Lisa Rozmarniewicz, Director of Marketing, Capital Title Insurance Agency, Southfield, MI
We’ve all thought it or even said it out loud, “But, I don’t have dedicated personnel, time or resources to market my agency.” Many small title agencies struggle with traditional marketing without even a thought about eMarketing. To assist you with broadening your marketing horizons, I’ve compiled a list of my top 10 free marketing hacks for title companies on a budget.
1. Facebook – If you don’t have a company Facebook page, you should! This is a great way to have your employees share the page with all of their friends and ask them to “Like” the page. Information that you post to the page, will be seen on the feed of all who have liked the page. Building a fan base with your Realtor agents is easy, once they see that you are posting information relevant to their industry, they will share with their buyer and seller followers. Use links to articles shared by the underwriters, as well as other sources you find through Post Planner. To be considered “credible”, post at least 1 time per week. Use Facebook Insights to see what types of posts get the most views and engagement to assist in future posting strategy.
2. PostPlanner.com – Another social media site management site, PostPlanner not only allows you to post to multiple sites, schedule those posts, and find content and photos using their vast library. You can also search for questions to post to get your followers talking. The free version allows you to manage 3 social sites.
3. Hootsuite – Hootsuite is by far the most popular site for managing and posting to multiple social media sites at one time. No more logging into each site and posting. Hootsuite’s free account allows you to post to 3 social profiles for one user with RSS feeds. You can schedule your posts for that day or sometime in the future. What I like to do is take an hour or two in the beginning of the week and plan all of my posts and schedule them throughout the week. For most title agencies, this is a perfect solution to save time on social media posts.
4. Canva – Canva.com allows you to create beautiful flyers, brochures, Facebook wallpaper, banner ads, invitations and more. Use their templates or create your own. You will be amazed at the quality of the marketing piece you can create free! To unlock more features upgrade to the “pro” version.
5. MailChimp.com – MailChimp is an email marketing tool that allows you to easily create email marketing campaigns and newsletters. They have beautiful, eye-catching templates that are customizable to your company’s needs. Free version available!
6. Facebook Live – This free tool allows you to create video with your smart phone or tablet and post to your Facebook page. Followers can view video live, or view later on your page. Pick a topic and do a 1-2 minute video, and watch your Facebook engagements soar!
7. Slydial – Have you found yourself in need of getting a message to a client, but don’t have the time to talk? Use Slydial! This free tool allows you to skip the conversation and go directly to voicemail (cell numbers only). Give a weekly update to your customer on their transaction in process, without worrying about someone picking up. Dial 267-759-3425 and wait for prompt to enter the number you want to call. Mobil app available.
8. SurveyMonkey.com – Looking for a free tool to collect valuable feedback from your customers? With SurveyMoney, you can easily create and publish your own survey. Customers click the survey link and respond online. View the survey analytics through your account.
9. Testimonials – Customer reviews and testimonials are valuable marketing tools for any business. Use the feedback from SurveyMoney results to post to your website, or the ‘reviews’ tab on Facebook. You can also share this information by creating a marketing flyer/brag sheet about what your customers are saying about your business!
10. Dropbox – Need to store and share files with your employees who are on the road daily, or working in another office? Dropbox is tool for this. Their free plan allows you to share your “folder in the sky” with others on your team. Link your account to their mobile app.